“Startups don’t fail because they lack a product; they fail because they lack customers and a profitable business model.”
“விற்பனை பொருட்கள் இல்லாததால் அல்ல, சரியான “பிசினஸ் மாடல்” இல்லாததாலும், சரியான “கஸ்டமர் பேஸ்” இல்லாததாலும் மட்டுமே “ஸ்டார்ட் அப்” தொழில்கள் தோல்வியடைகின்றன”
- DawnFish is an online fish market.
- DawnFish sells high quality sea fish.
- Customer satisfaction stands first
- Bizaka Community members run the show
- Zaka Coins mode of payment
- Powerful ancillary wings to support
- A pioneer project on web-3 technology
As said by Steve Blank, a startup/ business needs, not only a product/service but also a clear business model to execute the business and an ever growing customer base.
For this purpose, we prepared an accurate “Business Model” keeping all the nine essential building blocks in mind. Subsequently, we kept on analyzing all the nine blocks since October 2022, when we started DawnFish.
Besides, we keep doing the necessary amendments and improvisation to reach our destination of establishing numerous premium fish outlets all over Kanyakumari district and then the whole Tamilnadu and Kerala.
Furthermore, we are concentrating on branding DawnFish as a ‘Premium Quality Fish Mart’ online and offline.
In addition, we are on the verge of transforming the DawnFish to the new and innovative Web-III technology by integrating our own token Zaka Coins with DawnFish for speedy transactions.
Coupled with, the Business Model Canvas is a business tool used to visualize every building block when you want to start a business. Such blocks include customer base, route to market, value proposition and finance. For this purpose,the nine building blocks of the BMC of DawnFish are briefly narrated here under.
1. Customer Segments – Who is our customer?
Those who are fond of fresh and ‘high quality fish‘, really.
- Those who need fish as ‘door delivery’
- Those who need fish in ‘cleaned & deveined’ position
- Those who need fish in ‘ready to cook’ position.
- Those who are longing for the fish with its own medicinal properties.
- Those who prefer fish as hygienic and cleanliness.
- Those who are busy with jobs, business etc
- Those who really enjoy retirement life
- The family where husband and wife go to work
- filets/ fish cubes/ boneless
2. Value Propositions – What makes you better than others?
A value proposition stands as a promise by a company to a customer or market segment. The proposition is an easy-to-understand reason why a customer should buy a product or service from that particular business.
DawnFish determined to serve better with high quality fish to its premium customers. Under given are the points we focus on.
- We sell High Quality and Fresh Fish only
- No compromise in the quality
- Our priority is to sell fish on the same day
- Prompt and Free Door Delivery
- Fish are ‘Cleaned & Deveined’ for free.
- ‘Ready to Cook’ manner is followed
- We follow ‘Value for Money’ policy
- Our fish possesses 100% medicinal properties
3. Channels – How will you communicate your value proposition?
Our way of dispatching the product to our customers door step is free door delivery; however the high quality fresh sea fish reach the customer’s home cleaned, deveined and cut & shaped according to their wish.
- Door to Door canvas
- Paper ads., handbills, etc
4. Revenue Streams – How will we make money?
- Online sale by an App @ DawnFish and Webbazar.in
- Counter sale @ Asaripallam retail shop, at present
- Fish sale via Zaka Coins (Wallet top up)
- Zaka Coins sales revenue (from customer’s staking )
- Zaka Coins sales revenue (One to One & online)
5. Customer Relationships – How will we interact with our customers?
- Online Chat option
- Newsletter subscription
- Customer Care Division’ (Support/ Feedback/ Grievances)
- ‘New Customer Follow up Division’
6. Key Activities – What are the activities that would enable us to deliver our value proposition?
- Direct purchase of fish (from Kanyakumari & Thoothukudi fishing harbors)
- We buy fish, caught on the same day.
- When we buy bigger fish, our choice is Kadiyapattinam fishing harbor.
- Fish preserving activities (we are certified)
- Cleaning/ Cutting/ deveining activities
- Door delivery function
- Customer care activities
7. Key Resources – Who/what are our key resources?
2. Offline sale @ Shop at Asaripallam, Nagercoil.
3. Fish preservation system placed at Asaripallam.
4. Vehicle for conveyance, four wheeler available.
5. FSSAI certificate*
6. TRYSEM TRAINING CERTIFICATE on Fish processing
7. Had experience in fishery and related activities as we are fishermen
8. Key Partners – List the personals and capitals ( Tools , Machines etc) play a vital role in our business
- Supporting crew in every harbor for fish procurement*
- Exclusive teams (Fish Procurement, Transportation, Preservation, Marketing, “Cleaning, Cutting, Dispatch & Delivery” and Customer Care*)
- Digital marketing team / door canvassing team
- IT team for software, App, Website etc
9. Cost Structure – What are the costs and expenditures that consume our revenue?
Day to day fish sale nullifies the fish stock/ inventory investment cost.
- Software/App. and its maintenance cost.
- Digital marketing expenses
- Expenses for the staff of every divisions
- Delivery cost
- R & D cost and Unit Expansion cost
“A business model describes the rationale of how an organization creates, delivers, and captures value”
― Alexander Osterwalder, Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers
Author : Deyennae
Founder : Bizaka
Co-founder : Webbazar, Zaka Coins, DawnFish